Thursday, May 21, 2009


5/21-It opens today at midnight.



Which leads me to this week's "PLUG/UN-PLUG":

"Terminator Salvation"-UN-PLUG

Because that's what they should have done to the frackin' robots in the first place.  Then it wouldn't have gotten to the point it's at now.  At this rate, the Terminator franchise will have more films than Star Wars.  John Connor needs to warp back to the present day and focus his angst on annihilating the film studios who can't come up with a new idea for a movie.  I'll conceed...T2 was awesome. But it should've ended there.  The advance buzz on this film is that it kinda sucks. The special effects are good, but that's about it. No real story, no compelling relationships. No great acting.  In short, it's not Star Trek.

As you all are fully aware, this is the film where Bale lost his shit.  He acted like a mega douche and is paying for it now by being forced to apologize for it again in every press junket interview he does.  I say...good.  I love American Psycho, I love Batman, and you better believe I would give a kidney for Laurie, but this put Bale on my shit list.  Really, dude? Really? You "got too into the character"? IT'S A FUCKING TERMINATOR MOVIE!  It will not win you an oscar. It will not showcase your abilities as an actor.  It will showcase explosions and computer graphics. Get over yourself. The end.

That's my rant.  It doesn't come close to his, but it'll do.  So in honor of Bale (who I really do love) and the opening of his craptastic, mindless blockbuster, I give you his good, his bad, and his ugly.  

Good.


Bad. (And by "bad," I mean the way we used it in middle school. Meaning "awesome.")


"There is an idea of a Patrick Bateman; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there." -American Psycho


Cannes Update:

And the winner might be...."Bright Star."
This film has been getting standing o's and lots of love.  It's the one to beat.  Because the story of John Keats is a badass story.  He starts writing at 22. By 25 he's dead and no one knows who he is. He never consummated his love affair.  And now he is one of the greatest poets ever.  And Ben Wishaw (love) is playing him.  

I just want to say...I knew it.  I knew this movie should be made.

Moving along...
Brad and Angelina are in Cannes and everyone cares except me.  I do like her dress though.  It's a nice departure from the ever present black-ness.  This "shades of beige" red-carpet thing is happening all over the place.




Penelope Cruz was spotted wearing it as well.  And being well. She had food poisoning the night before this photocall.  That is an amazing rebound.  You can't even tell she was icky the night before.




Can't quite say the same for Sparklefuck Pattinson, though.  Here he is at another Cannes photocall, strung out and hungover...par usual. (Still pretty though).


With that said...Scribbles and Sleight (and Paddy too)...this is for you. It dropped yesterday. 



2 comments:

  1. mmmmm thank you for delicious delicious Laurie!!! Now I have to watch that most favorite of my DVDs tonight....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad R-Patz was photographed looking all cozy with some blonde chick a couple of days ago, because I had a chance with him.

    ReplyDelete